The Wisconsin Historical Society invites nominations of exemplary projects that have restored or preserved a part of the Wisconsin's historical, architectural, archaeological or cultural heritage. Two awards will be given each year, one for historic restoration and one for historic preservation.
- Property must be in Wisconsin
- Nominated work must have been done in the last two years and must be completed
- Property must be listed on or be determined eligible for the State Register of Historic Places or be listed in a certified municipal register of historic properties
Please complete the form below or download this PDF and mail to the address at the bottom of this page.
Please attach the following and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Description of the project in 500 words or less. Describe any special restoration or preservation techniques, research or difficult problems that were overcome. If property was threatened, identify the type and degree of the threat to the property. Note any special efforts or plans to ensure the future protection of the property. [formbuilder:2]
- Please email four to ten color slides or digital images showing the historic property before and after the project was completed to email@example.com. Digital images must be at least 300dpi and 480X600 pixels. No materials will be returned and we reserve the right to use the images in publications, web sites and databases.
- Copies of historic photographs of property if available can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please site the source of the photographs. If the property is not listed on the State or National Register, attach documentation showing property was determined eligible for listing on the Registers by the Wisconsin Historical Society, or that the property is listed on a certified municipal register.
- If neither of these is the case, but you believe the property is eligible for listing on the State or National Register, please complete and attach a National Register Questionnaire (available here).
- Other documentation, such as magazine or newspaper clippings, photographs or brochures that support or explain the achievements of the nominee.
Nomination form and supporting material can be mailed to:
Historic Preservation and Restoration Awards Committee Division of Historic Preservation - Public History Wisconsin Historical Society, 816 State St. Madison, WI 53706